Saturday, June 2, 2007

How can I embed a slideshow into my blog or webpage?

I believe most of us have many pictures which we would like to share with others. However if we were to show each picture individually, it will take a long time for our site to load. Creating a slideshow will reduce the waiting period and you can even add in some cool features.

I have explored two imaging hosting sites - Picasa and Photobucket. One is back by Google and the other by MySpace. Photobucket offers more interesting features than Picasa but it takes a little more time to load. Click here for an example of a site using Photobucket slideshow.

I'm using Picasa to embed my slide show. You can see an example here.

Embedding Picasa slideshow into your blog or website

Using Picasa Web Albums you can create a Flash slideshow to embed in your blog or webpage. To do this, click the Embed Slideshow link on your album page. This creates a Flash slideshow from the album you've selected. When you update this album, your slideshow is automatically updated to show the latest photos.

To embed the slideshow, copy and paste the HTML code we show you into your blog or webpage. The slideshow features built-in playback controls, size options, and the ability to display captions.

Note: If you do not see the "Embed Slideshow" in the left column, goto your user settings on the top right and make sure that your Language Preference is "English (United States)". I spent quite some time figuring it out before I found the solution in a forum.

Recommended: Paid Surveys - The No.1 Survey Site

5 Comments:

  1. Just Plane Crazy said...
    Thanks for this tip... i have been looking for that "embed slideshow" link for ages!
    Raghul said...
    hi dude i have succeded embedding a slideshow from flicker. and do you have any idea how to make it run in a loop...or which site offers free uploading of swf files?
    Nancy Lozupone said...
    Hey Thanks so much for suggesting this its working nicely. I just wanted to add that when i was doing it my picasa didn't say embed slideshow, it said 'add a link' and it was in the right column, not sure why... do you know of any that had slideshows with white backgrounds?
    :)
    thanks again for your helpful post!!!
    n

    here's it at work
    http://fancysoup.blogspot.com/
    Prabin Jha said...
    thanks for your tips and tricks i was searching the same tips i m glad that i found it here but can you plz let me know from where we can upload my swf file can u tell me the free swf file uplodated site plz
    St.. John Peaster said...
    Thanks for the tip! I was considering photobucket but now I see that Picasa is much better. Sure hope this works.

Post a Comment